Sunday, June 16, 2013

What is Writing really?

Aside from writing a blog, I spend almost all of my spare time devoted to writing books. I've gotten my first book complete and it is now in editing. It gave me great pleasure to know that I've completed something that I've been working on for 4 and a half years (I can't imagine what it will feel like when I get it done completely!)

I know many people read books, but I don't think very many respect them.

Think about it...a writer will spend anywhere from a few weeks, to several years of their life to complete a book. They put a little of their very own soul into their writing and the characters. We live with our characters almost 24/7 and some of us know them so well, that we are able to have conversations with them.

To the average reader, a book is an escape, words on a page, an adventure, or just another challenge to accomplish. But books and writings are much more then that.

The the author, their book is their life, the characters are their friends, the worlds of their own design (some times) and the plot is well though out over dozens of hours. It's safe to say that our stories are not stories. They are our adventures that we had and are now sharing with the world.
 
The next time someone says that they are a writer, don't make fun of them. be amazed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment